Sunday, July 5, 2009

To Wisp Or Not To Wisp - A Great Compact Toothbrush


My wife found this product and we picked up a package for summer camp. I'm not a fan of their marketing campaign, but I'm not a fan of most product commercials nowadays. The Colgate Wisp is a mini tooth brush with a small amount of paste in it and a pick on the end. No water is needed. You brush then toss it out.



I picked up a box of 16 for about 8 bucks at my local supermarket. It's not a bad price for the convenience. Brushes are packaged by the pair and individually sealed. You can cut the package in half so that you can take only what you need.


There is no need to make a run to the bath house or use water in camp. Brush and throw or pack away. Real simple. I like simple. Only downside is you feel like your are brushing with a tooth brush a 1/4 of normal size with half the bristles and getting your back teeth can be a challenge.


The Colgate Wisp is now a standard part of my camping equipment. It may not leave your mouth 100% fresh, but it certainly does a good enough job to satisfy me. Just remember to put it and all your smelly things in your bear bag during the night and pack it out if you are in the back country.

No comments:

Post a Comment